Create Required Pages
While the theme automatically creates a few required pages (the cart page, wishlist, etc.), you still need to create the store page and the blog page.
These pages are not created automatically because you may want to use different slugs for your pages, instead “store” or “blog”.
However, the process is very simple. You just need to create a page for your store and assign an already made page template to it and create a blog page and assign another template to it.
You can set the store or the blog page as the front page of your website depending on your preferences.
A. Creating a Store Index Page
At this point, you will create a page that will be used as the index page for your store.
Here are the steps to follow:
1) Go to Pages -> Add New.
2) Set the page title to “Store”, “Shop”, or anything you want (it doesn’t really matter). You can edit the page slug by clicking the “Edit” button next to the page URL.
3) From the right side of the page, under “Page Attributes” -> Template, choose “Store Homepage” template to be assigned to this page.
4) Click the “Publish” button to publish this page. Now, your store index will be accessible to the new created page URL. You can click on “View Page”, or “Preview” to preview it.
B. Setting the store page as the home page of your site (optional)
By default, after activation Zeno theme will display the latest blog posts on the homepage of your site (index page).
If you want to display the store as a page of your site, you can link to the store page in one of the available menus.
If you want the store page to be displayed directly when someone accesses your site, you need to set it as the homepage using the WordPress settings.
Thanks to WordPress, this is not a difficult task.
1) Go to Settings -> Reading
2) Change “Front page displays” from “Your latest posts” to “A static page (select below)” and two options will become available.
Look at the first option “Front page:“. Choose from the page list, the page you have created and assigned as the store index.
3) Click the “Save Changes” button from the bottom of the page.
C. Create a Blog Index Page
To create a blog index page, follow the step A. again, but instead of assigning the “Store Homepage” template to it, chose to assign the “Blog” template for it.
Name the page anything you want, and publish the page.
This page will now be used as the blog index and you can add a link to your blog in the menu.